Shoalhaven Event Calendar
This site is new, There are no events found
Total Results = 0
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Shoalhaven event simply Login
Events in and around Shoalhaven
Greetings, adventure-seekers! If you're looking for an exciting and fun-filled holiday, look no further than the city of Shoalhaven in New South Wales, Australia. With a range of seasonal events and activities, there's always something to keep you entertained. In this long-form article, we'll take a closer look at some of the best events and activities that Shoalhaven has to offer.
Summer is an exciting time to visit Shoalhaven. The sun is shining, the water is warm, and there's always something to do. Here are some of the best summer events worth checking out when visiting the city.
1. Shoalhaven River Festival - This is an annual festival that celebrates the river's unique culture and history. The festival features live music, food vendors, water activities, and an impressive fireworks display at night.
2. Berry Christmas Fair - Held in early December, the Berry Christmas Fair is a popular event that features over 200 stalls selling handmade crafts, antiques, gourmet foods, and other unique items. Live entertainment, face painting, and pony rides make the event an excellent outing for the whole family.
3. South Coast Food and Wine Festival - This event is held in January and features stalls offering an extensive range of locally made wines, beers, ciders, and spirits, as well as gourmet food and fresh produce. The festival also features live music and cooking demonstrations.
As autumn rolls around, Shoalhaven comes alive with a wide range of outdoor activities, seasonal festivals and other exciting events. Here are some of the must-attend events during the autumn season.
1. Kiama Jazz and Blues Festival - This event takes place in March and features world-class musicians performing jazz and blues music across multiple venues in Kiama.
2. Kangaroo Valley Folk Festival - Happening in April, the Kangaroo Valley Folk Festival is a three-day event that features live music, workshops, art exhibitions, food stalls, and other activities. It's a must-visit for anyone who appreciates folk music and the arts.
3. Milton Village Markets - The Milton Village Markets are held on the first Saturday of every month and feature a range of stalls selling handmade items, ceramics, woodwork, locally grown produce, and more. It's a great place to find unique gifts and souvenirs to take home with you.
Winter is far from dull in Shoalhaven. There are still plenty of events and activities happening during the winter months to keep you entertained.
1. Jervis Bay Maritime Museum - If you're interested in maritime history, the Jervis Bay Maritime Museum is a must-visit. The museum features interactive exhibits, a collection of historic vessels, and a range of events and activities throughout the year.
2. Milton Show - The Milton Show is a traditional agricultural show that takes place in early June. The show features livestock competitions, rides and carnival games, live music, and food and drink stalls.
3. Berry Celtic Festival - This annual festival is held in July and celebrates the Celtic heritage of the Shoalhaven region. The event features traditional music, dance, food, and crafts, as well as a range of Celtic-themed activities.
As the weather starts to warm up, Shoalhaven's flower festivals and other spring events come to full bloom. Here are some of the must-see events during the spring season.
1. Berry Gardens Festival - The Berry Gardens Festival is held in October and celebrates the region's beautiful gardens. The festival features tours of private gardens, flower arrangements, and plant stalls.
2. Shoalhaven River Festival - This event is held in late October and features a range of activities, including live music, food vendors, water activities, and an impressive fireworks display at night.
3. Nowra Show - The Nowra Show is a traditional agricultural show that takes place in early November. The show features livestock competitions, rides and carnival games, live music, and food and drink stalls.
As you can see, Shoalhaven is a city that has something for everyone, no matter the season. From food and wine festivals to agricultural shows and flower festivals, there's always something to enjoy in Shoalhaven. We hope this guide has given you a sense of the fun and exciting events and activities that you can experience in this beautiful city. If you're looking for more information about any of these events, you can contact the Shoalhaven Visitor Information Centre at (02) 4421 0778 or visit their website at shoalhaven.com.